Apps for home-sharers
Nowadays, living with housemates is a reality that goes beyond student years. Sure, it has its perks, but it can also come with a (or more) messy roommate, even if it’s someone you love, things can turn into more than just a few disputes. Sharing the home might teach you about the living needs of different animal species or have you deal with situations you’ve never even thought of. Still, there are a couple of apps that might smooth the experience.
- Splitwise – everything is nice and sunny until financial aspects need to be addressed. What was once a warm and happy shared house, can easily turn into a battle field. Have a look at Splitwise instead. The app, available for free on iOS and Android platforms, lets you easily split bills. Create a group online or on the app with your housemates, enter any bills paid and whatever house expenses incurred, and Splitwise will send a note to each person with details about the payment. The app can also calculate the monthly rent in fair amounts by simply inserting the monthly rent amount, the number of roommates, and the size and amenities of each room.
- HomeSlice – iOS and Android ready, this app allows you to share messages and keep track of bills and chores. The app sends notifications to your housemates when something needs done, or when you’ve completed a task.
- HelloFresh – if you come to an agreement with your housemates to split weekly costs for grocery, this online service will send a container right to your door that has in it a recipe and the necessary ingredients for a complete meal for two to four people. Not only will you waste less, but you’ll get to cook and eat delicious and healthy meals together, and who knows, maybe even discover a new hobby!
- RENTCafé – there comes a time when, after living for two or more years in a bedroom as large as a closet, you realize you need to move on. RENTCafe is designed to help you find an apartment and share your findings with your friends or future roommate with just a touch of a button. Free on iOS and Android.
- Chairish – is an iOS app to help you find the furniture you need for your rental and the place where you can post your furniture once you decide to relocate. This is the place for design aficionados to buy, sell, and ogle furnishings and décor pieces.
- Handy – is designed to help you find and hire cleaners and professional household services from plumbing to keeping your house clean and hassle free. The iOS app promises next-day appointments and background-checked professionals.
Know of useful ones you’d like to share in our comments field?